Thursday, February 10, 2011

Long delay

Sorry about the long delay here, it's been a crazy few months. Between work, family life and my CNC computer's hard drive crashing I didn't get any time for my the Laser530. But slowly things are settling down. I even managed to squeeze in some time to fix up my work area.

I found an old door in the rafters of the garage and decided that would be perfect for my new work bench. So I went to the local home improvement store and bought a few 8ft 2x4's for $2.30 a piece. Now instead of this small dinky desk I have a good sized work area!

With the new work space all setup the tools organized somewhat and a new hard drive in the PC I reinstalled EMC. After about 2 hours I had the CNC running again. Including using the new interface card that I had made a few months ago.

With some tweaking I now have the scale setup properly and the axis completely perpendicular! I took a video of my new setup in action with my nexus one but after uploading it's not showing up in youtube. I'll have a look at this again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm locking for a laser to my CNC...Can you help? Please get in contact with me lcnpj@hotmail.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete